Title: Certified Surgical Tech | OR Tech
Department: 3D - Health Support Technicians
Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan
Amber Guinotte, HR - Recruiter and Cody Sinclair, Chief Development Officer talk about the Benefits of working at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
About the Position
The OR Tech will assist with the nursing care of patients and the surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. They ensure the operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure and monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies. The OR Tech cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. They participate in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Additionally, the OR Tech performs routine and delegated duties in accordance with the A.O.R.N. Standards and takes on-call status as assigned for Surgical Services Department.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure
- Demonstrates competence in care of specimens and accurately handles specimens at all times
- Assists in positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures
- Performs services requiring technical or manual skills under the direction of Circulating RN.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization; knows responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Operating Room Technician’s scope of practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned within scope of practice.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current BLS
- Satisfactory completion of Operating Room Technician Program and/or equivalent on the job training
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in the Operating Room
- Demonstrates adherences to infection control policies. Uses PPE
- Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Complies with Blood borne Pathogen, TB exposure Plans, and Hazardous Waste Management Program.
- Basic medical terminology and knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills
- Monday to Friday - 6:30AM to 3:00PM
- Rotating call shift Monday to Friday 3:00PM - 6:30AM; Weekends 6:30AM - 6:30AM
- Rotating call depends on staffing #'s
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. This is an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools, spectacular scenery, and many cultural and recreational activities available. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.
Back to see all nurse jobs