Title: Operating Room Registered Nurse | PRN
Type: Part Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan
Brent Maurhouff, RN Manager speaks about his department at Sheridan Memorial Hospital:
A Day in the Life of an OR RN
About the Position
The Operating Room Nurse provides general nursing care for patients before, during and after surgery. In addition to general nursing care, the responsibilities of OR Nurse includes (but are not limited to):
- Provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations.
- Provides care according to AORN standards
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case
- Follows written procedures for steam sterilization.
- Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care related to the surgical environment.
- Maintains surgical equipment and inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of outpatient surgical cases are met.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
Amber Guinotte, HR - Recruiter and Cody Sinclair, Chief Development Officer talk about the Benefits of working at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and wellbeing of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
*Benefits depend on employment type.
- Wyoming RN License and minimum of 1-2 years previous OR experience.
- Circulate and OR Scrub experience of 2+ years preferred.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS or Arrhythmia-identification certification.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must possess Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Monday to Friday - 6:30AM to 3:00PM
- Rotating call shift Monday to Friday 3:00PM - 6:30AM; Weekends 6:30AM - 6:30AM
- Rotating call depends on staffing #'s
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. This is an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools, spectacular scenery, and many cultural and recreational activities available. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes with your phone, tablet or computer.
Back to see all nurse jobs