Title: Cath Lab RN | Days | 2 positions available
Department: Cardiac Catheterization
Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, WY
Video Clip 1: Amber Guinotte, HR - Recruiter and Cody Sinclair, Chief Development Officer talk about the Benefits of working at Sheridan Memorial Hospital
About the Position
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of the delivery of safe and effective patient-centered care in a variety of settings based on education, knowledge, skill set, and competency. The Registered Nurse communicates with physicians/Managers/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in the departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement activities.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Sheridan Memorial Hospital has various job opportunities available. Should you choose to join our workforce, you will be among co-workers who are friendly, compassionate, caring and courteous. At Sheridan Memorial Hospital, the focus is on providing the most positive patient experience possible.
Video Clip 2: CNO's support to SMH Nurses | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
- "Working on Wellness"
- W.O.W. - Program focuses on supporting the overall health and well-being of our employees knowing that being our individual best contributes to excellent care for our patients and their families.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive on-site education
- Certification programs
- Opportunity for cross-training in many areas of the hospital
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hospital Services Discount
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides intensive, direct patient care to Cardiac Catheterization lab patient populations in the roles of moderate sedation, circulating and monitoring.
- Communicate openly and efficiently with physician, patient and other Cath Lab personnel in regards to patient condition (including: hemodynamics, cardiovascular and neurological)
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain, and respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition or response to treatment.
- Detail oriented, strong organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures.
- Maintains cardiac Cath Lab equipment and inventory.
- Assists in the recording, storing, retrieval and analyzing data (procedural documentation and hemodynamic monitoring) obtained during the interventional cardiovascular procedures.
- Will monitor, scrub and/or circulate on all Cath Lab procedures
- Active in performance improvement measures.
- Education / Experience / License and Certifications
Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse Licensure.
BLS certification, required.
Preferred baccalaureate degree in nursing.
Additional certifications may be required based on unit assignment.
- Department Specific Education / Experience / License and Certifications
Minimum of 1 year acute care experience, preferable in: Cath/IR Lab/EP Lab, Interventional Radiology/Special Procedures, Radiology, surgical, intensive care, emergency care, or endoscopy.
ACLS certification, required.
RCIS, TNCC or CCRN (preferred).
Hemodynamics and Cardiac Dysrhythmia preferred within first 12 months.
Maintains yearly hospital-wide and departmental clinical competencies.
SMH Moderate Sedation in-house class, required within 12 months.
Video Clip 3: The Different Departments at SMH | Charlotte Mather, RN, MBA, FACHE, CNO
About Sheridan Memorial Hospital
When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. This is an excellent place to raise a family, with outstanding schools, spectacular scenery, and many cultural and recreational activities available. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our short application process takes less than 5 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Back to see all nurse jobs